Our onboard cafés offer a selection of cakes, freshly prepared light meals, snacks, and ice creams as well as hot and cold drinks, beer, and wine.
Onboard the SeaLink Kangaroo Island Ferry
A range of tourist information and brochures are available onboard for your information, together with interesting DVDs and travel information on our large screen TVs.
In the warmer weather sit on the top deck and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Keep a look out alongside the ferries for dolphins, and whales (during May to September). Please make sure children are always supervised.
- Bring your pram or capsule on board for added comfort.
- Baby changing facilities are available in accessible bathrooms.
- Our friendly crew can warm milk, baby formula or baby food at your request.
- If travelling alone with children, our friendly crew may be able to assist by parking your vehicle, allowing you to board through the passenger ramp. Please notify our Sales team prior to travelling.
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times.
SeaLink ferries are wheelchair and accessibility friendly. An electric wheelchair can be provided to board passengers as necessary. Please ask our friendly staff when you make your booking for assistance and the conditions for hire. Please find more information on our mobility assistance guidelines.
Pets are welcome onboard and travel free of charge. Please advise our team member at the check-in desk that you are travelling with a pet.
Your pet may travel on our ferry by either:
- Remaining unaccompanied in your vehicle for the duration of the crossing; or
- On a secure lead or in an approved pet carrier on the top deck of the vessel (accessible by stairs only), which has indoor and outdoor seating areas.
Boarding with your pet
You will be asked to wait at a designated, sign posted area with your pet until directed by a crew member to board the ferry via the car loading ramp. One person is to be in charge of taking pets on to the ferry and must be aged 16 years or older. Once onboard, take the rear stairs to the top deck of the vessel. If your pet is unable to climb stairs, it will be required to remain in your vehicle unaccompanied.
Disembarking with your pet
At the conclusion of the crossing, please make your way down the rear stairs and await the crews’ direction to disembark the vessel. It is essential for safety reasons that you wait to be directed by our crew.
Pets are not permitted inside the ferry terminals and on the ferry’s main deck, due to café operations. This policy aligns with the Food Safety Practices outlined by Safe Food Australia, which is essential for maintaining high standards of food safety and hygiene. Consequently, pets cannot board the ferry through the passenger ramp accessible from the ferry terminal. However, we acknowledge the importance of assistance animals. Guide dogs, hearing dogs, assistance dogs, and service dogs, including those in training, are permitted throughout the terminals and vessels.
Pets are welcome on Kangaroo Island, however please familiarise yourself with the guidelines.