1. Flammable liquids in portable containers with a combined carrying capacity of 500 litres or more will not be carried (eg. boat tanks, jerry cans, paints & thinners) unless arrangements have been made prior as loading may be required onto a flammable/dangerous goods departure.
If you are carrying classified dangerous goods please contact TIPC on 8551 7234
2. Please use Middle Terrace when travelling to & from the Penneshaw wharf area and assemble in the freight loading lanes if checking in for a departure. The Traffic Management Plan requires that all heavy vehicles use this route in lieu of North Terrace.
3. Excessively dirty stock crates may be denied carriage. Ports Corp & Local Government bodies are concerned with the environmental implications at both Cape Jervis & Penneshaw wharf areas.
4. All drivers must check in at the wharf offices prior to loading.
- Staff require confirmation of driver/passenger names, cargo being carried, total meterage & tonnage booked.
- Goods Declaration sheets must be completed and signed prior to boarding the vessel.
5. Trucks & trailers must be fully operational & have adequate tie down points if required.
6. All loads must be adequately secured.
7. No dangerous or flammable cargo will be carried on the Sealion 2000 ferry.
8. Empty stock crates carried on the Sealion 2000 must be washed out.
9. No equipment should be left in the breakwater car park at Penneshaw. If you need to leave equipment for a period of time, alternative-parking arrangements will need to be found.
10. Trucks should not enter the wharf loading areas until the area is clear from prior ferry traffic.
11. Failure to comply with the above points may result in denial of carriage at the Ship Masters discretion.