At SeaLink North Queensland we connect people to Palm Island, Magnetic Island or on one of our brilliant tourism experiences. We successfully and respectfully operate services in our local communities providing efficient services. We work to minimise our impact on the environment whilst focusing on delivering a sustainable service in the ways that matter most.
SeaLink North Queensland have been working hard to improve their sustainability position and support the environment. The following are the initiatives that SeaLink North Queensland are currently undertaking:
- Installation of two solar powered car park lights, to not only improve lighting at night but was also an energy saving initiative.
- Preference goods and services that have lower energy, waste and emissions associated with their operations, good, and services.
- Purchasing local products to reduce transport emissions.
- Lighting within the terminal and vessels are all energy efficient and are turned off when not in use.
- Equipment is maintained to obtain optimal operation e.g. our A/C systems across the business.
- Food and materials are purchased in bulk where available and overpackaged goods are avoided where possible.
- All paper is recycled.
- Non-disposable items (cutlery, containers) are available in the office kitchen.
- Toner cartridges are recycled or refilled.
- Increase e-marketing and online feedback submissions.
- Print promotional materials use FSC certified paper.
SeaLink North Queensland is always looking into other options to improve their environmental footprint and exploring other sustainable options to support the community.