The following dangerous goods MUST NOT be carried
- Corrosive and Toxic substances, examples:
- industrial cleaners
- pool chlorine
- wet cell batteries
- oil based paint
- Flammable, combustible, explosive and oxidising substances or items containing these, examples:
- compressed gas bottles (examples: LPG/BBQ gas bottles, scuba tanks, helium tanks, oxy-acetylene tanks for welding)
- engine oil
- combustion engines
- machinery that contains or would have contained oil, fuel, or gas
- Radioactive materials, examples:
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods, examples:
- solid dry ice
- asbestos products
- ammonium nitrate fertilisers
Exceptions / Additional Requirements
Dry Batteries or Sealed Batteries (non-spillable)
These are not considered as dangerous goods and are the only battery types acceptable under this policy. Only batteries with a label that indicates the following English “keywords” will be considered as dry or non-spillable:
- Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM)
- Non Spillable
- Dry or Dry Cell
- Gel Cell
- Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)
- Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VLRA)
Electric bikes, scooters, skatebooards, etc are powered by dry cell batteries, and are required to be switched off during boarding, disembarkation and transit. These items are NOT permitted to be charged on SeaLink premises or SeaLink vessels, due to risk of fire or explosion.
Medical Oxygen Cylinders
- A passenger requiring medical oxygen to maintain their wellbeing are permitted to travel with their oxygen tank.
- Persons transporting medical oxygen for refilling, must book on to a designated ferry run (NOT an identified peak ferry service – refer to website).
Water Based Paint
- New tins are allowable as they are.
- Used tins mast have lids that are securely fastened, and clean on the outside of the tin.
- Completion of the Firearm Declaration Form prior to boarding
- The person is to hand over the firearms in a suitable lock box and any ammunition (separately) to the Master at boarding.
- The goods will be stored in the wheelhouse for the duration of the trip.
- Person is to collect their goods from the Master at the completion of passenger disembarkation.
- Police officers and other personnel required to carry a firearm while on duty (eg: Security Officers, Detectives, Armaguard staff, Rangers, etc) will be permitted to carry firearms on their person while travelling on SeaLink NQ ferries, and will not need of a Firearm Declaration Form. They may be required to show appropriate identification to the ferry master at boarding.
- Clean, empty jerry cans that are sealed appropriately are permitted.