SeaLink began in 1989 providing a major transport link from the mainland to Kangaroo Island in South Australia.
In 1996, a group of South Australian investors and staff purchased the company from overseas owners, returning it to local ownership, and kickstarting a period of remarkable growth all around Australia.
In 2013, SeaLink was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange as SeaLink Travel Group. Since listing on the ASX, SeaLink Travel Group continued to grow and by 2018 was Australia’s largest marine and tourism business, connecting our customers to many of Australia’s most beautiful island destinations and our world-famous harbours and rivers.
- SeaLink ferries operating all around Australia
- Captain Cook Cruises, The Jackson and Starship Sydney on Sydney Harbour
- Kingfisher Bay Resort, K’gari Beach Resort, K'gari Explorer Tours on K'gari - Fraser Island (Queensland)
- Murray Princess on the Murray River (South Australia)
- Adelaide Sightseeing (South Australia)
- Captain Cook Cruises on the Swan River in Perth (Western Australia)
- Swan Valley Tours in Perth (Western Australia)
In 2020, SeaLink Travel Group acquired Transit Systems Group, Australia’s largest private bus company providing metropolitan public and contracted bus services, transforming the Group into an integrated, resilient, international multi-modal transport business.
In 2021, SeaLink Travel Group changed its name to the Kelsian Group, an anagram of our name SeaLink, reflecting this transformational growth and diversification of our business whilst paying respect to our origins. The SeaLink brand name was retained for the marine and tourism division within the Kelsian Group.
From these humble beginnings, today SeaLink and our wider Brilliant Travels family carry more than 5 million passengers a year, operate 118 vessels, and have over 1500 employees all around Australia. We are proud that our teams continue to be passionate about connecting people, sharing experiences, and creating brilliant memories.