Here are a few emergency contact numbers to help make your visit to Rottnest Island a safe and healthy one
- In case of emergency, contact emergency services on 000 first, or Channel 16 on VHF radio
- If you wish to report an injured animal, please report to Rottnest Island rangers on (08) 9372 9788
- For non-emergency, contact police: 131 444
- Rottnest Island Nursing post: (08) 9292 5030
- For general enquiries about the island, visit Rottnest Island Authority.
- Or call Rottnest Island Visitor Centre: (08) 9372 97300 or (08) 9372 9728 after hours
Important safety tips:
- Observe but do not touch or feed the wildlife. On the spot fines of $150.00 may apply to anyone seen interfering with animals (including feeding).
- Beware of snakes in terrestrial areas.
- Beware of rocks, currents, waves, boats and wildlife when swimming.
- Rottnest Island is a high-fire-risk area. Fires are prohibited at all times.
- Helmets are compulsory by law in Western Australia when cycling. Please ride safely and responsibly and keep left on all paths. Stay on the cycle and walk paths to protect flora.
- As tempting as it may be to “borrow” a bike, please be aware that this is considered stealing and a criminal offence.
- Treat Indigenous and heritage sites with respect.
- Leave only footprints! Take your rubbish with you and keep Rottnest beautiful.
- Disabled access toilets are located at the Visitor Centre, Bedford Ave, Henderson Ave, Geordie Bay and Parker Point.
- All commercial filming and drone usage (including personal usage) must be approved by the Rottnest Island Authority.