In these conditions "the Company", “SeaLink” and “SeaLink Rottnest Island” and means Vyscot Pty Limited, its servants and agents. “The passenger" means the passenger booked to travel.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
All costs, itinerary details, package inclusions, ferry schedules and accommodation information are correct at the time of publishing; however, these can be subject to alteration, sometimes without notice. All services and reservations provided are subject to the conditions of the principal providers and no responsibility is accepted by SeaLink Rottnest Island for misrepresentation, unforeseen omissions or additional costs incurred, including those arising from adverse weather conditions or any situations beyond the control of SeaLink Rottnest Island. Refunds may not be available for unused services.
All fares and prices are in Australian Dollars and valid from 01 April to 31 March. All fares and prices are subject to availability, variable and dynamic pricing, surcharges, blackout periods and seasonal variations.
Child prices generally apply to children aged 4 - 12 years, inclusive. In some cases, this may vary so please enquire at the time of booking. Children under 4 years of age travel free of charge on SeaLink Rottnest Island services provided they do not occupy a seat. In the interest of safety, children aged twelve or under are not permitted to travel without direct supervision from a parent or adult guardian.
A 1.25% surcharge will apply to payments by Mastercard, Visa, American Express or PayPal. We accept online bank transfers for payments of AUD$250.00 and above. Please quote your booking number as your payment reference. Allow a minimum of four business days for your payment to be received and processed.
Account Name: Vyscot Pty Ltd
ACC: 8368 14 186
Note that refunds to an international bank account will incur an AUD$20.00 charge.
Holiday plans can be disrupted, and cancellation fees can be costly. Travel insurance is highly recommended. Please note that Travel Insurance may not cover disruptions caused by mechanical breakdowns or adverse weather conditions so please check your insurance policy carefully.
Full payment must be made at the time of booking for all services and packages. All tickets and bookings are non-refundable to the extent permitted by law. SeaLink Rottnest Island will permit tickets to be transferred to another service provided 60 minutes notification is given prior to the scheduled departure printed on the issued ticket. The transfer can only be made if the service transferring to is within twelve months of the original purchase date. Notice must be given by phone or at a SeaLink Rottnest Island office location. Changes or credit notes cannot be issued within 60 minutes of scheduled departure. Refunds/credit notes cannot be issued for personal issues, or f o r an error made by the passenger at the time of booking. In the event of a ferry cancellation due to safety or vessel inoperability passengers can choose from a full refund or a credit valid for travel on SeaLink Rottnest Island within the next 12 months.
Credit notes expire 12 months from the original travel date. Credit notes cannot be extended. A credit note can only be redeemed via contacting our Team on 1300 786 552 or at [email protected] if you have any questions at all. Any remaining funds will be re- credited; however, the expiry date of the original credit note will be transferred to the new credit note.
When cancellation occurs:
- 14 days or more prior to check-in: Nil fees apply.
- 14 days – 73 hours (4 days) prior to check-in: One (1) night’s accommodation or 25% of the total accommodation (whichever is greater)
- 72 hours or less prior to check-in: 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Early departure or no-shows: 100% cancellation fee will apply.
Third Party Providers: please note that cancellation penalties vary for our Third- Party Providers. Please contact our SeaLink Rottnest Island Reservations for more information.
Please note that cancellation penalties vary for our Third Party Providers. Please contact SeaLink Rottnest Island Reservations for more information.
Check-in time for all departures is a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure. Boarding closes 10 minutes prior to departure. Due to loading requirements, SeaLink Rottnest Island reserves the right to refuse boarding for both passengers and luggage within check-in and boarding times.
The Company accepts no responsibility for loss of, or damage to luggage, or for consequential damages arising therefrom whether sustained during off-loading or transportation, and whether arising from negligence, malfunction of the vessel or other cause, except to the extent that the exclusion of such liability is prohibited by law. Fishing rods, bicycles (pedal and e-bike), e-Scooters, beach trolleys, paddle boards, kayaks, golf bags and other large or specialised items cannot be delivered by the RIA and must be collected by the owner from the jetty upon arrival at Rottnest. Items that are of an excessive size or weight may be refused at loading and will not be carried by SeaLink Rottnest Island. This is up to the discretion of the vessel crew at the time of boarding. In the interests of passenger and vessel safety, SeaLink Rottnest Island reserves the right to conduct a search of any luggage.
Type Height Length Depth Max Weight Carry on 600 mm 400 mm 300 mm 10 kg Checked 800 mm 500 mm 400 mm 22 kg* Luggage crate 1600 mm 1200 mm 1200 mm n/a
- *max weight for a box / crate without handles 10 kg
- Luggage exceeding the specified size may not be transported or delivered.
- No ‘piggy‐backing’ of luggage is permitted, for example, attaching a sleeping bag to a suitcase
- Each passenger (excluding infants) is entitled to 1 x carry on item no larger than specified in the above table.
- Note: Even if an oversized or overweight item inadvertently accepted by SeaLink Rottnest Island it may not be delivered by the Rottnest Island Authority (“RIA”) to your booked accommodation.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to remove the battery from an e-bike prior to handing the e-bike to the vessel crew for loading. Batteries must be removed from e-bikes prior to travel.
Due to the limitations of loading bicycles, the following restrictions apply to carrying bikes. Bikes that exceed these restrictions cannot be carried on board our SeaLink vessels.
Maximum height 1.3 metres Maximum length 1.8 metres Maximum width 45 centimetres Maximum weight 22 kilograms
Electric bikes within these specifications are permitted with batteries removed and packed in hand luggage.
Bike trailers must be empty for loading onto the vessel.
Sorry, we cannot carry tandem bikes.
There is very limited storage space in the passenger cabins, so luggage taken onboard is stowed on a first in, first served basis. No luggage is allowed in the aisles, wheelchair spaces or any other area that may hinder a rapid evacuation.
For passengers staying at accommodation on Rottnest, the Rottnest Island Authority is responsible for the delivery of your luggage on the Island as well as the collection for delivery back to the mainland. The ferry operators are responsible for the water travel component of this process.
There is some supervision at collection points but only to monitor and assist with orderly collection. Incidents of theft or lost luggage are rare; however, it is for this reason any items of value should always be carried on your person and not in your luggage. If any luggage items fail to turn up after investigation by the RIA and/or the ferry companies, recourse is through your insurance company, if you have chosen to take out insurance providing coverage for that loss. If luggage is left behind upon arrival at the mainland, SeaLink Rottnest Island is under no obligation to keep the item on behalf of the passenger. SeaLink Rottnest Island does not accept any liability for abandoned luggage.
Spear guns or gidgees, firearms, ammunition, weapons, explosive devices (including marine flares), sandboards, fauna traps are prohibited on Rottnest Island without written approval from the Rottnest Island Authority. SeaLink Rottnest Island will only carry these items if the person carrying them can present written approval from the Rottnest Island Authority and prior arrangements have been made with our operations department to safely transport the items. SeaLink Rottnest Island may still refuse to carry these items in the interests of vessel or passenger safety.
The following items are totally prohibited on our vessels: explosive substances, fireworks, shellite, turpentine, kerosene, methylated spirits, lamp oil, paint thinners, in addition to any other item a member of the crew considers poses an unacceptable risk to vessel or passenger safety.
The following items are only permitted in checked baggage: Alcohol and tools, devices, substances, or apparatus that are capable of being used to create graffiti or mark property. This may include paints, solvents, screwdrivers and the like. Empty jerry cans can be transported if they meet the conditions below.
- Jerry cans and boat fuel containers must not be greater than 25 litres and are to be welded at the seams.
- Sealing cap must have locking side arms or screw cap with an effective rubber seal.
- Jerry cans and boat fuel containers must be empty and dry of residual liquid.
- Canisters other than Metal / Jerry Cans / Plastic Fuel Containers or boat fuel containers are not allowed.
- In the event a petrol or diesel can has residual fuel inside and therefore may have dangerous gaseous / air mixture, passengers should fill the canister with water before being allowed onboard.
The Company reserves the right to cancel, vary this service in any way, or substitute any ferry or other means of transport without incurring any liability. Fares, times, schedules, and routes are subject to alteration, without prior notice, at the discretion of the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise in the event of cancellation of this service or the abandonment of the service during the course thereof (should the Company or any of its servants or agents decide that such abandonment is necessary) or of any deviation or delay in any service arising from any cause whatsoever. In any such event, the Company will not be liable in any way for consequential damage including, but not limited to, the cost of accommodation or for any alternative means of travel which may arise and any additional expense so arising shall be the liability of the passenger.
Gift vouchers purchased from SeaLink Rottnest Island have an expiry of 3 years from the date of issue. Gift vouchers will not be extended in validity. Gift vouchers can be redeemed while making a booking either via phone or at a SeaLink Rottnest Island office. If a gift voucher is for a monetary value, the amount it is Australian dollars (AUD) for use only on SeaLink Rottnest Island ferry travel or tour packages. Gift vouchers cannot be used to pay for travel retrospectively. At the time of booking the code printed on the gift voucher must be quoted and the voucher surrendered at ticket collection. Any difference between the gift vouchers’ value and booking total must be paid at the time of booking. Any credit remaining on the gift voucher will be reissued, however, the gift vouchers original expiry will apply. No cash refunds will be given on any gift vouchers.
Concession rates apply to holders of a current Australian Government Seniors card or Student Card (secondary or tertiary). Equivalent overseas cards are also eligible for the concession rate. SeaLink Rottnest Island supports the Companion Card program.
Clients travel for the concession rate and one carer per client can travel free of charge when accompanying their client. Companion cards must be presented to the SeaLink Rottnest Island office at check in. SeaLink Rottnest Island staff must be notified that a carer is travelling at the time of booking for the carer’s ticket to be applied. A family is 2 adults and 2 child tickets. All passengers must be travelling on the same services to utilise this discounted rate.
- Groups of 10 or more adults travelling together on the same ferry time on the same date may be eligible for discounted group fares, subject to availability and block-out dates. Note: all group passengers must travel on the same day and ferry time to be eligible for discounted group fares.
- General Group bookings: a minimum of 10-adults traveling together on the same day and ferry time may be eligible for a discounted group fare; payment of a non-refundable
- $200.00 deposit is required within 7-days of booking confirmation; final payment and passenger numbers are due no later than 7-days prior to departure. If the passenger numbers drop below the minimum number required to qualify for a group discount, then SeaLink reserves the right to increase the price to the rate applicable to the number of people travelling.
- Final payment must be a ‘single’ payment to have access to the discounted group rate. No individual payments will be accepted.
- School Group bookings: payment of a non-refundable $200.00 deposit is required within 7-days of booking confirmation; final payment and passenger numbers are due no later than 7-days prior to departure. Final payment must be a ‘single’ payment to have access to the discounted school group rate. No individual payments will be accepted.
Travelling with prams is permitted on SeaLink Rottnest Island services at no charge, although a pram does need to be pre-booked. If a pram is too wide to fit down the gangway it must be folded prior boarding and stored according to direction from the Crew. Children should then be seated with a parent or guardian.
Our SeaLink Rottnest Island vessels are both wheelchair and disabled friendly onboard, although access to the vessel is subject to gangway measurements and the berth used at the time of boarding. Please check with our friendly staff at time of booking to discuss accessibility.
SeaLink Rottnest Island vessels are licensed venues. In conforming to the Liquor Control Act 1988, passengers who present for boarding while drunk cannot be permitted entry to the vessel and the full fare of the ticket will be forfeited. The consumption of alcohol that was not purchased on board is also strictly prohibited.
Passengers are legally obligated to comply with any reasonable and lawful direction of a crew member. Failure to do so may constitute an offence punishable by up to 12 months in prison and a $42,000 fine.
All SeaLink Rottnest Island vessels and facilities are non-smoking.
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and jurisdiction of the State of Western Australia. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, but if that is not possible, it will be severed from the Terms and Conditions and the other conditions will remain valid.
To the extent permitted by law, the Company shall have no liability, either express or implied, for the loss of, damage to, misdelivery or delay in delivery of luggage or cargo loaded or carried by the Company.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Please refer to SeaLink’ s privacy statement for details about how we will collect and use your personal information in relation to your booking. In addition, if your fare has been booked using a promotional code, please note that we may provide your name and booking number to relevant third parties involved in the promotional campaign, for the purposes of assisting them in future promotions and reporting purposes. By purchasing a ticket during the promotional period, you consent to your name and booking number.
• The hirer must be 18 years of age or older. Minors (under 18) collecting bikes must be accompanied by an adult.
• The hirer is responsible for checking all hire items prior to using the hire items.
• By accepting these hire terms and conditions the hirer acknowledges that the hire items were in good condition upon delivery.
• The hirer must not allow any other person to operate the equipment or have control of the same.
• The hirer must not breach the provisions of the Road Traffic Act 1974 (WA) and the Road Traffic Code 2000 (WA) (as amended from time to time) when riding a hire bike. Some of the provisions include:
a) Helmets must be worn and fastened at all times when riding.
b) Bikes must not be ridden recklessly or without due care and attention.
c) Bikes must not be ridden by persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• The hirer must ensure that bikes are only ridden on sealed roads and cycling paths.
• The hirer must be a competent cyclist and must ensure that only other competent cyclists ride the hire bike.
• The hirer must wear suitable clothing and footwear for riding a bicycle.
• The hirer acknowledges that no credit or refund will be provided in case of early return of hired items.
• Please store your bike lock in your backpack/bag. Do not store your bike lock near any moving part of the bicycle.
• The hirer must ensure that all hire items are locked or placed in a secure place when not in use.
• The hirer agrees that they will be charged for any item that is stolen, lost or damaged, whether or not the theft, loss or damage has been caused by the hirer.
• The hirer shall return the equipment to SeaLink within the time agreed in the booking.
• The hirer indemnifies SeaLink from, against, and in respect of all costs, damage, loss, claims, expense, liability, legal action and demands sustained, suffered, or incurred by or made against SeaLink on account of, arising from or in respect of:
a) Any loss of or damage to property or personal injury (including death) or illness caused by, in the course of or arising from the hire, the hired items or riding activity howsoever caused: or
b) The hirer being in breach, or deemed to be in breach, of these hire terms.
• The hirer acknowledges that the hirer uses the hire items at the hirers’ own risk and that neither SeaLink, nor any employee or agent of the operator shall be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death howsoever caused (whether caused by negligent or unlawful act or omission of, by or on the part of SeaLink or employee of the operator) arising from the use of the hire items or any incident involving the hire items.
• Cancellation: Payment for hire items is non-refundable.
• SeaLink reserves the right to decline hire bikes to any person who, in the opinion of SeaLink and its staff, fail to meet any requirements relating to safety, including age restriction.