World Heritage-listed K'gari (formerly Fraser Island) is the world’s largest sand island and is a haven for 4WD enthusiasts from across the globe.
75 Mile Beach is a gazetted highway that runs up the surf side (eastern side) of the island and provides access to the townships of Eurong, Dilli Village, Happy Valley, Orchid Beach and Cathedral Beach. More than 1500km of sand tracks crisscross the island taking you to some of the best natural attractions Australia has to offer including Lake McKenzie - a freshwater lake perched high in the sand dunes.
We urge visitors to spend a few days exploring the beautiful freshwater lakes and creeks, ancient rainforests, massive sand blows and coloured sands. 75 Mile Beach also provides some of the best beach fishing. But don't take our word for it...
- Kingfisher Bay Resort was named as one of the top family resorts in 2022 in Holidays with Kids Magazine
- Lake Wabby was named in the Best Australian Beaches 2022 (Top 20) by Tourism Australia
- K'gari was named in Out & About with Kids Magazine’s 100 Best Family Travel Experiences in Australia Top 5 (2021)
- The Australian has compiled Australia’s best inland swimming spots and waterholes - including Lake McKenzie at the top of the list (2021)
- K'gari was named in Australian Traveller Magazine’s 100 Ways to Holiday Here This Year (2020)
- Kingfisher Bay Resort named in Australian Traveller Magazine’s Top Destinations to Reclaim Summer (2020)
- Kingfisher Bay Resort named a Best of Queensland experience (2018-2022)
- K'gari’s 75 Mile Beach was named one of the top ten beaches in Australia - 101 Best Australian Beaches (2012)