Kangaroo Island Community Market in Penneshaw
Including KI Farmers and KI Community Markets
Return ferry fares from $42 per adult*
When: 1st Sunday of every month, with additional markets in the summer months, Easter Sunday and for cruise ship visits. See the table below for market dates.
Where: Penneshaw - Refer below dates for locations.
Location: From October to April the market operates from the Penneshaw Oval. From May to September the market operates from Lloyd Collins Reserve.
Market Times: *General Penneshaw Market Days 9am - 1pm ^ Cruise Ship Visit Days 9am - 2pm
Market Day Ferry Fares: Return ferry fares from just $42 per adult, ex Cape Jervis. Conditions apply.
To Book: Call 13 13 01
Join a selection of Kangaroo Island food producers at the Penneshaw Markets where the KI Farmer’s Market and KI Community Market combine to offer regional food direct from the producer, together with artisan crafts, arts and bric-a-brac.
Meet the very people who grow, farm or make Kangaroo Island award winning regional foods - taste the olive oils, wines, honey and learn why and how it is produced.
Island chefs offer ready to eat Island produce and home baked snacks and biscuits. Tastings, breakfast, coffee and a great village atmosphere are all on offer.
Stay for the day and enjoy lunch at one of Penneshaw’s cafes or the Penneshaw Hotel. Laze on the beach, meander along one of the nearby walking trails around Penneshaw, fish off the jetty or beach, take a thrilling ocean safari ride with KI Ocean Safari or explore the Dudley Peninsula with KI Wildlife Safari.
The Penneshaw Markets are only a few minutes' walk from the ferry terminal and SeaLink offer special same day return Market Day ferry fares.
Note: During the winter months the number of producers and market stalls may decline compared to long weekends, school holiday periods and the warmer spring and summer months. Whilst SeaLink supports the market day with special ferry fares, we cannot take any responsibility for the number of stalls present on the day.
Why not make a day of it with one of our Kangaroo Island Community Market tours?
- Lloyd Collins Reserve (Penneshaw)
- Sun 2nd September 2018
- Sun 2nd September 2018
- Penneshaw Oval
- Sun 7th October 2018
- Sun 4th November 2018
- Thurs 29th November 2018 - NOORDAM^
- Sun 2nd December 2018
- Thurs 6th December 2018 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Thurs 13th December 2018 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Mon 17th December 2018 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Fri 21st December 2018 - SEABOURN SOJOURN^
- Sat 22nd December 2018 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Fri 28th December 2018 - AZAMARA QUEST^
- Sun 30th December 2018 – MAASDAM^
- Sun 6th January 2019
- Tues 8th January 2019 - GOLDEN PRINCESS^
- Wed 9th January 2019 - REGATTA^
- Fri 11th January 2019 – NOORDAM^
- Sat 12th January 2019 - SEVEN SEAS MARINER^
- Sat 26th January 2019 - GOLDEN PRINCESS^
- Tues 29th January 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Friday, 1 February 2019 - PACIFIC EDEN^
- Sun 3rd February 2019
- Wed 6th February 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Fri 8th February 2019 - PACIFIC EDEN^
- Sat 9th February 2019 – ASTOR^
- Sun 10th February 2019 - PACIFIC EDEN^
- Tues 12th February 2019 - QUEEN ELIZABETH^
- Wed 13th February 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Thurs 14th February 2019 - CRYSTAL SERENITY^
- Tues 19th February 2019 – ASTOR^
- Wed 20th February 2019 - PACIFIC EDEN^
- Fri 22nd February 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Tues 26th February 2019 - SILVER MUSE^
- Fri 1st March 2019 – ASTOR^
- Sun 3rd March 2019
- Fri 15th March 2019 - PACIFIC EDEN^
- Mon 18th March 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
- Wed 27th March 2019 - PACIFIC JEWEL^
^Cruise Ship Visit Dates. Please note cruise ship visits are dependent on weather and may be cancelled at the late notice. SeaLink cannot take any responsibility for a ship's visit or the markets being cancelled.
To make it easier to enjoy the Market, we have specially discounted single day return fares*;
|Child (3-14 years)||$32pp|
Terms and Conditions Apply. Above fares are valid for travel 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019, for other dates, please enquire. Must travel on days listed above (market dates) to obtain Special Market Day fares. Travel is available leaving Cape Jervis from 10.00 AM (excludes 9.00 AM ferry) and returning from Penneshaw on or before the 5.30 PM ferry departure. If the return journey is not completed on or before the 5.30 PM ferry departure, full fares will be charged for the full journey. Passengers can take a car and pay full fare for the car providing it is the same day return travel and in accordance with the same day return travel passenger fares. No other discounts are applicable or available. No refunds are applicable if booking is cancelled prior to travel. Bookings can be pre-booked or booked on the day of travel. Payments are as per SeaLink payment conditions.