Penneshaw Market Day
Including KI Farmers and KI Community Markets
Return ferry fares from $42 per adult*
When: 1st Sunday of every month, with additional markets in the summer months, Easter Sunday and for cruise ship visits. See the table below for market dates.
Where: Penneshaw - Refer below dates for locations.
Location: From October to April the market operates from the Penneshaw Oval. From May to September the market operates from Lloyd Collins Reserve.
Market Times: *General Penneshaw Market Days 9am - 1pm ^ Cruise Ship Visit Days 10am - 2pm
Market Day Ferry Fares: Return ferry fares from just $42 per adult, ex Cape Jervis. Conditions apply.
To Book: Call 13 13 01
Join a selection of Kangaroo Island food producers at the Penneshaw Markets where the KI Farmer’s Market and KI Community Market combine to offer regional food direct from the producer, together with artisan crafts, arts and bric-a-brac.
Meet the very people who grow, farm or make Kangaroo Island award winning regional foods - taste the olive oils, wines, honey and learn why and how it is produced.
Island chefs offer ready to eat Island produce and home baked snacks and biscuits. Tastings, breakfast, coffee and a great village atmosphere are all on offer.
Stay for the day and enjoy lunch at one of Penneshaw’s cafes or the Penneshaw Hotel. Laze on the beach, meander along one of the nearby walking trails around Penneshaw, fish off the jetty or beach, take a thrilling ocean safari ride with KI Ocean Safari or explore the Dudley Peninsula with KI Wildlife Safari.
The Penneshaw Markets are only a few minutes' walk from the ferry terminal and SeaLink offer special same day return Market Day ferry fares.
Note: During the winter months the number of producers and market stalls may decline compared to long weekends, school holiday periods and the warmer spring and summer months. Whilst SeaLink supports the market day with special ferry fares, we cannot take any responsibility for the number of stalls present on the day.
Why not make a day of it with one of our Penneshaw Market Day tours?
- Lloyd Collins Reserve (Penneshaw)
- Sun 4th June 2017*
- Sun 2nd July 2017*
- Sun 6th August 2017*
- Sun 3rd September 2017*
- Penneshaw Oval
- Sun 1st October 2017 (Oct long weekend)*
- Sun 5th November 2017*
- Wed 15th November 2017 (Maasdam)^
- Sat 18th November 2017 (Pacific Jewel)^
- Sunday 3rd December 2017 (Astor)^
- Thurs 7th December 2017 (Pacific Jewel)^
- Tues 19th December 2017 (Norwegian Jewel)^
- Sun 7th January 2018*
- Wed 10th January 2018 (Pacific Jewel)^
- Tues 16th January 2018 (Ms Regatta )^
- Thurs 25th January 2018 (Noordam)^
- Fri 26th January 2018 (Pacific Jewel)^
- Sat 27th January 2018 (Golden Princess)^
- Thurs 1st February 2018 (L'Austral)^
- Fri 2nd February 2018 (Azamara Journey)^
- Sun 4th February 2018*
- Thurs 15th February 2018 (Norwegian Jewel)^
- Fri 16th February 2018 (Amsterdam)^
- Mon 19th February 2018 (Europa)^
- Tues 20th February 2018 (Queen Mary 2)^
- Sun 25th February 2018 (Astor)^
- Tues 27th February 2018 (Pacific Jewel)^
- Sun 4th March 2018 (Pacific Eden)^
- Thurs 22nd March 2018 (Pacific Eden)^
- 29th March 2018 (Pacific Eden)^
^Cruise Ship Visit Dates. Please note cruise ship visits are dependent on weather and may be cancelled at the late notice. SeaLink cannot take any responsibility for a ship's visit being cancelled.
To make it easier to enjoy the Market, we have specially discounted single day return fares*;
|Child (3-14 years)||$32pp|
Terms and Conditions Apply. Above fares are valid for travel 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018, for other dates, please enquire. Must travel on days listed above (market dates) to obtain Special Market Day fares. Travel is available leaving Cape Jervis from 10.00 AM (excludes 9.00 AM ferry) and returning from Penneshaw on or before the 5.30 PM ferry departure. If the return journey is not completed on or before the 5.30 PM ferry departure, full fares will be charged for the full journey. Passengers can take a car and pay full fare for the car providing it is the same day return travel and in accordance with the same day return travel passenger fares. No other discounts are applicable or available. No refunds are applicable if booking is cancelled prior to travel. Bookings can be pre-booked or booked on the day of travel. Payments are as per SeaLink payment conditions.