SeaLink Kangaroo Island Racing Carnival 14th - 16th February 2019
The SeaLink Kangaroo Island Racing Carnival is a ‘must do’ on the South Australian event calendar. The Cygnet River Racecourse comes alive with great country racing on Thursday 14th and Saturday 16th February. Thursday 14th February is a casual race day but Saturday 16th February is when race-goers like to dress up in true racing style and enjoy the trackside entertainment, colourful marquees, fashion on the field competition and the abundance of local Kangaroo Island food and wine.
Another ‘must-do’ is to have a seat in the much sought after Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch trackside marquee on Saturday 16th February. Enjoy a stunning 4-course menu accompanied by a selection of Dudley Wines and beers. Book early as tickets to this popular lunch event sell fast!
Race-day packages including coach and ferry transfers are available for the Saturday race event only. A great idea if you’re heading to the island just for the day is to purchase a KI Cup Package including return coach and ferry transfers from Adelaide, race-course entry and you can buy it either with or without the Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch.
KI Cup Race Days & Events
Thursday 14th February
- Race Day, Cygnet River Racecourse, Kingscote. Gates open 11.00am. Adults $15. Children under 15 FREE. Buy tickets at the gate only.
- Kangaroo Island Racing Club Cocktail Party will be held at the Ozone Hotel from 7 to 9 pm. Tickets can be pre-purchased or picked up on the night from the Ozone Hotel. The ticket includes a selection of Dudley Wines, beer, bubbly, soft drink and finger foods. Guest speaker details will be released shortly.
Friday 15th February
- Punters Intermission at Dudley Wines Cellar Door, Penneshaw from 10.00am - 8.00pm. Call (08) 8553 133 or email for more information.
- Annual Kangaroo Island Cup Calcutta at the Ozone Hotel, Kingscote drawn between 8:30pm – 9pm. Calcutta tickets can be purchased at the Ozone Hotel.
Saturday 16th February
- ‘Kangaroo Island Cup’ Race Day, Cygnet River Racecourse, Kingscote. Gates open 11.00am. Adults $20. Children under 15 FREE. Tickets can be pre-purchased through SeaLink ($1 booking fee applies) or at the gate.
- See below for Kangaroo Island Cup Day Package and Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch Package information and prices.
Sunday 17th February
- Punter’s Intermission Event at Dudley Wines Cellar Door, Cape Willoughby Rd, Penneshaw from 10.00am - 5.00pm. Call (08) 8553 133 or email for more information.
Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch
The Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch trackside marquee is the place to be on Saturday 16th February. This event sold out in 2018, so be sure to get in quick and book your tickets.
You’ll enjoy a delicious 4-course menu of local Kangaroo Island produce, accompanied by some lovely local Dudley wines and a selection of beers.
Your Kangaroo Island Cup Long Lunch booking will include your race-course entry and a race-book, plus there will be private betting facilities for you right next door!
Your own Party Tent
Get a group together and book your very own Party Tent for Saturday 16th February. Trackside tents are great to use as your base for the day and are suitable for up to 10 or 20 people, with chairs and tables included. You can either pre-order lunch and food platters from the organiser, purchase from the food vendors on the day or bring your own food and nibbles.
Please do not bring your own alcohol onto the race course as this is not allowed and it will be confiscated by Security. Drinks can be pre-ordered from the organiser and will be delivered direct to your party tent in coolers or you can purchase on the day via the on-course drink ticket system.
Party Tents can only be booked direct with the organiser, Dean Wiles from the Kangaroo Island Racing Club on 0438 875 271. Please note: Party tent bookings and catering requests will close off Tuesday 5th February.