Victor Harbor and Southern Highlights
Explore Adelaide's Southern Vales and beaches on this great day tour
Enjoy a delightful tour of South Australia’s premier tourist region, the Fleurieu Peninsula. Travel through the picturesque Adelaide Hills to the historical Scottish settlement of Strathalbyn. Continue on to the paddle steamer town of Goolwa where you will have a brief tour of the town including the wharf, barrage and beach.
On your way to Victor Harbor cruise past the charming coastal town of Port Elliot including Horseshoe Bay and stop at Whale Lookout for a photo opportunity. In Victor Harbor; South Australia’s most popular seaside village, you'll have free time to wander the main street, walk on the Causeway to Granite Island or stroll along the beach.
Your tour then continues to the wine making region of McLaren Vale. Wander the main street, sample the fresh local produce, taste some of the fine wines or grab a coffee at one of the many cafés before returning to Adelaide.Download Itinerary
- Courtesy Adelaide CBD hotel pick up and set down
- Full day coach tour with expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Morning tea stop at the Scottish town of Strathalbyn on the banks of the Angas River (morning tea not included)
- See the old river port of Goolwa where the Murray meets Lake Alexandrina
- The coastal town of Port Elliot
- Free time to stroll along the esplanade of Victor Harbor dotted with local crafts and cafés
- Pass through Horseshoe Bay, Rosetta Heads and Encounter Bay steeped in whaling history
- Tour along the southern coastline and view the rolling vineyards, iron stone cottages, olive and almond groves of the McLaren Vale region
- Free time to explore the main street of McLaren Vale - sample an array of local produce and wine tastings at nearby cellar door
Saturday (August 2020 to March 2021)
Excluding Christmas Day
Departs Adelaide Central Bus Station at 9.15 AM or earlier from selected Adelaide hotels. Returns 5.15 PM.