9 Day Flinders Ranges and Murray River
Experience two incredibly diverse regions in South Australia
This new 9-Day Flinders Ranges and Murray River tour combines two magnificent South Australian regions where you can explore the natural beauty of ancient landscapes.
Arrive in Adelaide at your leisure and spend the day exploring Adelaide's great food and wine, arts and culture.
In the morning, your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your hotel to commence your 3 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Travelling in a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicle with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with hosts Julie and Tony Smith providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. Enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. On return to Adelaide, travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
After a good night's rest and a leisurly morning, you will be transferred to Mannum to board the PS Murray Princess. The 4 night cruise takes you north on the great Murray River from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and many of the 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
- 2 nights Adelaide accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel with full buffet breakfast before and after the Flinders Ranges tour
- Flinders Ranges Outback Tour includes:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy the ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch at the Prairie Hotel
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Journey through the Clare Valley where you will enjoy wine tastings & 3 course lunch
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
- 4 Night Outback Heritage Murray Princess Cruise includes:
- Return Adelaide to Mannum coach transfers
- All meals (buffet & a la carte)
- 24 hour self-service tea & coffee bar
- An exciting selection of onshore tours and nightly live entertainment
- Cellar door tasting at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Sunnydale Woolshed Show, Native Wildlife Shelter and riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour, Bush Tucket Breakfast and Nocturnal Tour (additional cost)
|9 days / 8 nights||
|Day 1 - Arrive into Adelaide at your leisure||Day 9 - 11am Adelaide
* Christmas in July Special Event Cruises on board the Murray Princess include bonus inclusions including Aussie Style Christmas Dinner, Christmas carol themed music and activities and much more!
Day 1: Thursday - Arrive Adelaide
Free Day and the evening is at your leisure. Overnight: Majestic Roof Garden Hotel or similar.
Day 2: Friday - Adelaide to Flinders Ranges
You’ll depart Adelaide early in the morning and travel through the mid-north region of South Australia stopping at the old copper mining town of Burra and then onto Orroroo for lunch. Enjoy views of Mount Remarkable as you head towards the Kanyaka Station Homestead ruins. Late afternoon you arrive at Rawnsley Park Station, your accommodation for the next two nights. Enjoy the Sunset of the Chase tour where you’ll watch the stunning sunset reflect on the Chase Ranges. Finish your day with a delicious 2-course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant. Overnight: Rawnsley Park Station.
Day 3: Saturday - Flinders Ranges
Early this morning there will be time to take a 30-minute scenic flight over Wilpena Pound and the Heysen Ranges (own cost) before spending the day exploring the Bunyroo and Brachina Gorges and peaceful walks through the creek beds. Enjoy lunch at the Prairie Hotel which is recognised as an “unmissable outback experience” with their signature antipasto platters. Your day concludes with a 3-course lamb tasting food experience. Overnight: Rawnsley Park Station.
Day 4: Sunday - Flinders Ranges to Adelaide
After breakfast depart the Flinders Ranges and make your way towards the Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine regions. With its picturesque, rolling, countryside, unique geography, and climate you will see why it is a premium grape growing area. Arrive back into Adelaide late afternoon. Overnight: Majestic Roof Garden Hotel or similar.
Day 5: Monday - Adelaide to Mannum to board the PS Murray Princess
Early afternoon you will be collected from your hotel and transferred to Mannum to meet the PS Murray Princess your home for the next 4 nights. Settle into your cabin and enjoy a delicious dinner as you cruise to your overnight mooring point at Caurnamont. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 6: Tuesday - PS Murray Princess
Enjoy a leisurely morning and lunch cruising upriver to Blanchetown where you will go through one of the locks which maintain the flow and levels of water. Moor opposite the township of Blanchetown and visit Burk Salter Boutique Winery and enjoy wine tasting at the cellar door. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 7: Wednesday - PS Murray Princess
Today cruise downriver to picturesque Swan Reach. Join a walking tour and visit the Museum, before continuing to cruise down to Sunnydale. Here you will go ashore for the Woolshed Show and visit the Native Wildlife Shelter. Tonight enjoy a great Aussie BBQ set on the banks of the mighty Murray. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 8: Thursday - PS Murray Princess
You may like to take the optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (extra cost) or join a bush walk with the Captain, before you continue downriver past the magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. At Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, join a guided boardwalk tour to view ancient rock carvings and learn about Aboriginal history in the area. This evening the Captain and his officers host a spectacular Farewell Buffet Dinner, where you can dress up and dance if you wish. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 9: Friday - PS Murray Princess to Adelaide
Cruise back to Mannum and after breakfast you will disembark and be transferred to your chosen Adelaide accommodation or the Adelaide Airport.
|Package Options (Tour Code FRMR4)||Price from (AU$)|
Standard Accommodation - Inside Cabin
One Bedroom Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station and an Inside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Standard Accommodation - Outside Cabin
One Bedroom Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station and an Outside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Superior Accommodation - Inside Cabin
One Bedroom Eco Villa at Rawnsley Park Station and an Inside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Superior Accommodation - Outside Cabin
One Bedroom Eco Villa at Rawnsley Park Station and an Outside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
All prices are per person and valid from 1st of April 2020 to 31st of March 2021. Travel insurance is recommended.
Flinders Ranges Outback Tour: This tour is not recommended for children and there are no extra person prices. Itinerary is subject to change as the touring is flexible and can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.A minimum of 2 people is required for this Flinders Ranges Outback Tour to operate. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given.
Murray Princess: Surcharges apply for Inside and Outside cabins with a double bed. Staterooms available on request. Passengers are subject to the Passenger Cruise Contract.