9 Day Flinders Ranges and Murray River
Experience two incredibly diverse regions in South Australia
This 9-Day Flinders Ranges and Murray River tour combines two magnificent South Australian regions where you can explore the natural beauty of ancient landscapes.
Arrive in Adelaide at your leisure and spend the day exploring Adelaide's great food and wine, arts and culture.
In the morning, your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your hotel to commence your 3 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Travelling in a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicle with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. Enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. On return to Adelaide, travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
After a good night's rest and a leisurely morning, you will be transferred to Mannum to board the PS Murray Princess. The 4 night cruise takes you north on the great Murray River from the historic river port of Mannum to Blanchetown. Experience the magic and majesty of the spectacular scenery from towering cliffs to expansive farmlands. Along the way, you’ll see a great variety of Australian wildlife, including kangaroos and many of the 350 bird species that inhabit the riverlands. Highlights include a visit to a vineyard and wine tasting at a cellar door, visit a typical Australian farm, woolshed and wildlife shelter, enjoy an Aussie barbecue beside the river and visit an aboriginal archaeological site.
- 2 nights Adelaide accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel with full buffet breakfast before and after the Flinders Ranges tour
- Flinders Ranges Outback Tour includes:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy the ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges
- Enjoy an Australian outback lunch at the famous Prairie Hotel including their signature shared antipasto grazing board, native inspired dessert and a glass of beer or wine on arrival
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for a delicious lunch including a glass of wine and wine tastings (optional)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
- 4 Night Outback Heritage Murray Princess Cruise includes:
- Return Adelaide to Mannum coach transfers
- All meals (table d’hote and a la carte menus)
- An exciting selection of onshore tours and nightly live entertainment
- Cellar door tasting at Burk Salter Boutique Winery
- Walking tour of the Swan Reach township and visit the Swan Reach Museum (gold coin donation at entry)
- Big Bend towering sandstone cliffs
- Sunnydale Woolshed Show, Native Wildlife Shelter and riverside Aussie Barbecue
- Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve archaeological sites
- Optional Barossa Wine and Heritage Tour, Bush Tucket Breakfast and Nocturnal Tour (additional cost)
NOTE: Other Adelaide accommodation may be available, subject to availability and package prices will vary.
|9 days / 8 nights||
Selected Thursdays (Tour does not operate December, January & February)
|Day 1 - Arrive into Adelaide at your leisure||Day 9 - 11am Adelaide
Day 1: Thursday - Arrive Adelaide
Free Day and the evening is at your leisure. Overnight: Majestic Roof Garden Hotel or similar.
Day 2: Friday - Adelaide to Flinders Ranges
You’ll depart Adelaide early in the morning and travel through the mid-north region of South Australia stopping at the old copper mining town of Burra and then onto Orroroo for lunch. Enjoy views of Mount Remarkable as you head towards the Kanyaka Station Homestead ruins. Late afternoon you arrive at Rawnsley Park Station, your accommodation for the next two nights. Enjoy the Sunset of the Chase tour where you’ll watch the stunning sunset reflect on the Chase Ranges. Finish your day with a delicious 2-course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant. Overnight: Rawnsley Park Station.
Day 3: Saturday - Flinders Ranges
Early this morning there will be time to take a 30-minute scenic flight over Wilpena Pound and the Heysen Ranges (own cost) before spending the day exploring the Bunyroo and Brachina Gorges and peaceful walks through the creek beds. Stop at the Prairie Hotel for lunch, recognised as an “unmissable outback experience” and enjoy their signature shared antipasto grazing boards and native inspired desserts, before taking the Moralana Scenic drive back to Rawnsley Park. Your day concludes with a 3-course lamb tasting food experience. Overnight: Rawnsley Park Station.
Day 4: Sunday - Flinders Ranges to Adelaide
After breakfast depart the Flinders Ranges and make your way towards the Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine regions. With its picturesque, rolling, countryside, unique geography, and climate you will see why it is a premium grape growing area. Here you will enjoy a delicious lunch at Paulett Wines and Bush Devine Café including a glass of wine. Those who wish to participate in wine tasting can do so (included, optional) before returning to Adelaide, arriving approximately 5.30pm at your chosen accommodation. Overnight: Majestic Roof Garden Hotel or similar.
Day 5: Monday - Adelaide to Mannum to board the PS Murray Princess
Early afternoon you will be collected from your hotel and transferred to Mannum to meet the PS Murray Princess your home for the next 4 nights. Settle into your cabin and enjoy a delicious dinner as you cruise to your overnight mooring point at Caurnamont. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 6: Tuesday - PS Murray Princess
Enjoy a leisurely morning and lunch cruising upriver to Blanchetown where you will go through one of the locks which maintain the flow and levels of water. Moor opposite the township of Blanchetown and visit Burk Salter Boutique Winery and enjoy wine tasting at the cellar door. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 7: Wednesday - PS Murray Princess
Today cruise downriver to picturesque Swan Reach. Join a walking tour and visit the Museum, before continuing to cruise down to Sunnydale. Here you will go ashore for the Woolshed Show and visit the Native Wildlife Shelter. Tonight enjoy a great Aussie BBQ set on the banks of the mighty Murray. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 8: Thursday - PS Murray Princess
You may like to take the optional Bush Tucker Breakfast (extra cost) or join a bush walk with the Captain, before you continue downriver past the magnificent cliffs scoured by the river over millions of years. At Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Reserve, join a guided boardwalk tour to view ancient rock carvings and learn about Aboriginal history in the area. This evening join your fellow passengers for a delicious final night dinner. Overnight: PS Murray Princess.
Day 9: Friday - PS Murray Princess to Adelaide
Cruise back to Mannum and after breakfast you will disembark and be transferred to your chosen Adelaide accommodation or the Adelaide Airport.
|Package Options (Tour Code FRMR4)||Price from (AU$)|
Standard Accommodation - Inside Cabin
One Bedroom Superior Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station and an Inside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Standard Accommodation - Outside Cabin
One Bedroom Superior Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station and an Outside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Superior Accommodation - Inside Cabin
One Bedroom Eco-Villa at Rawnsley Park Station and an Inside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
Superior Accommodation - Outside Cabin
One Bedroom Eco-Villa at Rawnsley Park Station and an Outside Cabin with 2 Single Beds on board the Murray Princess
What to Bring: Camera supplies in the Flinders Ranges are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.
- All prices are per person and valid for travel 1st of April 2022 to 31st of March 2023. For other departure dates, please enquire.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
- Flinders Ranges Outback Tour: This tour is not recommended for children and there are no extra person prices.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this Flinders Ranges Outback Tour to operate. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given.
- Murray Princess: Surcharges apply for Inside and Outside cabins with a double bed. Staterooms available on request. Passengers are subject to the Passenger Cruise Contract.