6 Day Flinders Ranges and Wine Experience
This new 6-Day Flinders Ranges and Wine Tour combines two magnificent South Australian regions where you can explore the natural beauty of ancient landscapes.
Day 1: Arrive in Adelaide at your leisure and spend the day exploring Adelaide's great food and wine, arts and culture.
Day 3-5: In the morning, your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your hotel to commence your 3 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Travelling in a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicle with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with hosts Julie and Tony Smith providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. Enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. On return to Adelaide, travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to you chosen Adelaide accommodation.
Day 6: After a good night's rest, spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your journey home.
- 3 nights' Adelaide accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel with full buffet breakfast each morning
- #Full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea and wine tastings at the award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch and wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Chocolate and wine pairing at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- *Full day McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea at Stump Hill Cafe
- d’Arenberg Cube tour, wine tasting and 2-course lunch
- Beresford Estate for Wine, Beer or Gin tasting
- Wirra Wirra Vineyards for wine tasting
- Free time in the main street of McLaren Vale
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Flinders Ranges Outback Tour includes:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy the ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch at the Prairie Hotel
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for a delicious lunch including a glass of wine and wine tastings (optional)
- Personalised touring with expert commentary from your local driver/guide and all entrance fees and special permits
|6 days / 5 nights||
Saturdays# & Wednesdays* (English speaking guide only)
#Saturday departures include the Barossa Food & Wine Experience Tour
*Wednesday departures include the Barossa Food & Wine Experience Tour
|Package Options (Tour Code FRWE5)||Price from (AU$)|
Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) - One Bedroom Holiday Unit (includes continental breakfast)
Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) - One Bedroom Eco-Villa (includes continental breakfast)
What to Bring: Camera supplies in the Flinders Ranges are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.
- All prices are per person and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022, for other dates, please enquire.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
- There are no extra person prices on these packages.
- This package is not recommended for children up to 7 years and prices available on application for children aged 7-14 years.
- Flinders Ranges Odyssey tour operates with a minimum of 2 passengers. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered, or a full refund given.
- Blackout Dates for Majestic Roof Garden Hotel: 17/12/21 – 19/12/21 and 11/03/22 – 14/03/22.
- Other Adelaide properties may be available, subject to availability please note the package price will vary.
- The McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience day tour is available on Wednesday departures and the Barossa Food & Wine Experience is available on Saturday departures.
- Both the Barossa and McLaren Vale tour itinerary is subject to change on selected public holidays and peak periods. Please refer to the Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour or McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour for more details.