6 Day Flinders Ranges and Barossa Experience
This new 6-Day Flinders Ranges and Barossa tour combines two magnificent South Australian regions where you can explore the natural beauty of ancient landscapes.
Day 1: Arrive in Adelaide at your leisure and spend the day exploring Adelaide's great food and wine, arts and culture.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast, enjoy a full day food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the Barossa. Take time to sample some of the Barossa’s finest wines and gourmet food that makes this wine region so special. Your first stop is the award winning cellar door Pindarie for wine tastings and enjoy some morning tea while you sit back and admire their stunning vineyard views.
The next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Learn about Maggie Beer - the cook, writer and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', and enjoy tastings of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto the Barossa Valley Chocolate Company your final stop for the day. Here you will taste house made chocolates paired with Vineyard Road’s handcrafted wines which will be a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
Day 3-5: In the morning, your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your hotel to commence your 3 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Travelling in a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicle with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with hosts Julie and Tony Smith providing true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. Enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. On return to Adelaide, travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to you chosen Adelaide accommodation.
Day 6: After a good night's rest, spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your journey home.
- 3 nights' Adelaide accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel with full buffet breakfast each morning
- Full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea and wine tastings at the award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch and wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Chocolate and wine pairing at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Flinders Ranges Outback Tour includes:
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy the ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch at the Prairie Hotel
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Journey through the Clare Valley where you will enjoy wine tastings & 3 course lunch
- Personalised touring with expert commentary from your local driver/guide and all entrance fees and special permits
|6 days / 5 nights||
Saturdays & Wednesdays (English speaking guide only)
|Package Options (Tour Code FRBE5)||Price from (AU$)|
Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) - One Bedroom Holiday Unit (includes continental breakfast)
Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) - One Bedroom Eco-Villa (includes continental breakfast)
All prices are per person/twin share and valid from 1st of April 2020 to 31st of March 2021, for Single prices please enquire. This tour is not recommended for children and there are no extra person prices. Itinerary is subject to change and weather conditions on the day. A minimum of 2 people is required for the Flinders Ranges tour to operate. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given. Other Adelaide accommodation may be available and the package price will be advised upon booking. Travel insurance is highly recommended.