4 Day Adelaide, McLaren Vale and Kangaroo Island Short Break
Explore three of South Australia's best regions
Spend four incredible days exploring Adelaide, the infamous McLaren Vale wine region and then hop over to Kangaroo Island.
This short break package includes three nights' at the Majestic Rooftop Hotel in a Superior Room, located centrally in the city and includes a full buffet breakfast each morning.
On day two, you'll be picked up from your hotel and taken for a day out in McLaren Vale. On this tour you'll stop for morning tea and then visit three wineries including the infamous d'Arenberg Cube where you'll be treated to a structured wine tasting, a guided tour of the Alternative Realities Museum and then sit down for lunch in the [email protected]'s Cafe, with spectacular views over the vineyards. You'll then be taken to Beresford Wines to taste their boutique beer, gin or wine and to Wirra Wirra Vineyards for a structured tasting and to learn about their history.
On day three, we'll take you to Cape Jervis where you'll take the SeaLink ferry to Kangaroo Island. You'll be collected from Penneshaw and whisked off to join our Kangaroo Island Experience which takes you to see the island's natural wonders or the Kangaroo Island Sip and See Tour which will take you to taste your way around the island at Clifford's Honey, False Cape Wines and other great experiences. See our full itinerary for further details.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room) including full buffet breakfast each morning
- Full day McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea
- d’Arenberg Cube tour, wine tasting and 2 course lunch
- Beresford Wine Tasting Pavilion for Beer, Wine or Gin tasting
- Wirra Wirra Vineyards for wine tasting
- Free time in the main street of McLaren Vale
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- ^Full day Kangaroo Island Experience with Kangaroo Island SeaLink including:
- Return ferry and coach transfers to Kangaroo Island
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- Two-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro
- Flinders Chase National Park including Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch
- Kangaroos and Koala viewing at Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- OR *Full day Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour including:
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- Two course lunch and Guided Tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Guided Tour and Tastings at Clifford’s Honey Farm
- Visit stunning Pennington Bay
- Structured Wine Tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner (own expense)
- Expert Commentary by a local driver/guide
|4 Days / 3 Nights||
^Monday and Wednesday departures include the One Day Kangaroo Island Experience
*Sunday departures include the Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour
Day 1: Base yourself at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel for 3 nights in the heart of the Adelaide CBD. The hotel is ideally located only a 2 minute walk from the bars, restaurants and shopping of Rundle Street and guests have access to the rooftop garden with panoramic views of the Adelaide Hills and East End.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast, enjoy a full day food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the McLaren Vale. Travel southwards Leaving Adelaide, head out through the southern suburbs and along the metropolitan coastline. Enjoy coastal views as you head to McLaren Vale Information Centre for morning tea.
Then it’s onto one of the highlights of your day, the d’Arenberg Cube. Nestled amongst the vineyards, this 5 level “rubiks cube” has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. From the Alternate Realities Museum to the many art installations on display there is so much to see and experience whilst you are there. Enjoy a formal wine tasting on Level 4, before heading down to Polly’s Restaurant for your 2-course lunch.
Next visit Beresford Wines, where you can choose from one of three tastings in their brand-new Tasting Pavilion. The Premium Wine Tasting introduces you to a selection of their wines from the Estate and Limited Release range. The Vale Brewing Tasting offers up to five craft beers from the sessionable Vale range. And the third option is the 23rd Street Distillery tastings, where you can choose from five craft spirits or three craft gins.
The final cellar door is Wirra Wirra Vineyards, located amongst the gum trees in the historic ironstone cellars. Enjoy a short tour of the cellars and a structured tasting of their range of quality wines. Look out for the ‘catapult’ and the ¾ tonne Angelus Bell in the picturesque grounds surrounding the cellar door. Finish the day with some spare time in the main street of McLaren Vale. You may like to pop into the Fruchocs Shop for some sweet treats, wander up the road to Blessed Cheese, or explore the Fleurieu Arthouse housed on the historic Hardys Tintara site. Then settle back on the coach for your return trip to Adelaide.
Day 3: After a restful night's sleep, you're up early to be transferred by coach to Cape Jervis to board the SeaLink ferry service for a 45 minute crossing to Kangaroo Island. Here you will board your luxury SeaLink coach and your local driver/guide will take you on a tour of South Australia’s premier nature-based tourism destination.
Depending on the day you're travelling, explore Kangaroo Island on the One Day KI Experience or the KI Sip & See Day Tour. This is a full 16-hour day departing from your hotel including coach & ferry transfers, a 2-course lunch and all admission fees.
Day 4: After a delicious full buffet breakfast, spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your journey home.
|Tour Code: AMKI3||From Price (AU$)|
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room)
Terms & Conditions:
- All prices are per person, in Australian dollars and valid for travel 1st April 2022 to 31st March 2023, for other dates, please enquire.
- Child and extra person prices available on request.
- Bookings are subject to availability of all components.
- Blackout Dates for Majestic Roof Garden Hotel: 01/11/22 – 10/11/22 (T20 World Cup Cricket), 16/12/22 – 18/12/22, 10/03/23 – 13/03/23.
- Other Adelaide properties may be available, subject to availability please note the package price will vary.
- ^Monday and Wednesday departures include the One Day Kangaroo Island Experience (tour does not operate on Christmas Day).
- *Sunday departures include the Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour (tour does not operate on Christmas Day and Boxing Day).
- McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour does not operate on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change on selected public holidays and peak periods. Please refer to the McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour for more details.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Subject to SeaLink’s standard Terms & Conditions