4 Day Adelaide, Barossa and McLaren Vale Short Break
Visit three incredible SA regions
Spend four incredible days in Adelaide visiting the city and then immersing yourself in Adelaide's wine regions; the Barossa and McLaren Vale.
This short break package includes three nights' at the Majestic Rooftop Hotel in a Superior Room, located centrally in the city and includes a full buffet breakfast each morning.
On day two, you'll be picked up from your hotel and taken for a day out in the Barossa, visiting three wineries Pindarie Wines, Maggie Beer's Farm Shop, Lambert Estate Vineyards where you'll enjoy a delicious two-course lunch with wine tastings. Finish the day at the Barossa Valley Chocolate Company with a chocolate and wine pairing, before making your way around their artisan chocolate store.
On day three, get ready for your full day tour with our McLaren Vale and The Cube Experience. On this tour you'll stop for morning tea and then visit three wineries including the infamous d'Arenberg Cube where you'll be treated to a structured wine tasting, a guided tour of the Alternative Realities Museum and then sit down for lunch in the [email protected]'s Cafe, with spectacular views over the vineyards. You'll then be taken to Beresford Wines to taste their boutique beer, gin or wine and to Wirra Wirra Vineyards for a structured tasting and to learn about their history. See our full itinerary for further details.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room) including full buffet breakfast each morning
- Full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea and wine tastings at the award winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- Visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch and wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Chocolate and wine pairing at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Full day McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea
- d’Arenberg Cube tour, wine tasting and 2 course lunch
- Beresford Wine Tasting Pavilion for Beer, Wine or Gin tasting
- Wirra Wirra Vineyards for wine tasting
- Free time in the main street of McLaren Vale
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
|4 Days / 3 Nights||
^Saturday & Tuesday departures include the Barossa tour on Day 2 and the McLaren Vale tour on day 3
*Monday departures include the McLaren Vale tour on day 2 and the Barossa tour on Day 3
(^Based on a Saturday & Tuesday departure)
Day 1: Base yourself at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel for 3 nights in the heart of the Adelaide CBD. The hotel is ideally located only a 2 minute walk from the bars, restaurants and shopping of Rundle Street and guests have access to the rooftop garden with panoramic views of the Adelaide Hills and East End.
Day 2: Travel through the city of Adelaide to the world-renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
The first stop is Pindarie, a multi-tourism award winning cellar door, which feels more like an Australian Homestead than a cellar door. The friendly staff don’t just pour the wine; they share the stories behind the wines and here you will be treated to morning tea and wine tastings.
Next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Maggie Beer - cook, writer, and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', offers tastings and sales of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. Here we can browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you will enjoy a structured wine tasting whilst sampling local seasonal produce from gourmet platters. Main course follows, and is a feast for the senses, with two signature dishes, salad, and vegetables. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine from the impressive wine selection, or enjoy a coffee accompanied with their popular Chocolatier (Chocolate Port).
Leaving Lambert Estate, travel to Mengler Hill Lookout for sweeping views over the valley and then onto your final stop for the day at Barossa Valley Chocolate Company. Here you will taste house made chocolates paired with Vineyard Road’s handcrafted wines which will be a great way to finish off your Barossa Food & Wine Experience.
Day 3: After a hearty breakfast, enjoy a full day food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the McLaren Vale. Travel southwards Leaving Adelaide, head out through the southern suburbs and along the metropolitan coastline. Enjoy coastal views as you head to McLaren Vale Information Centre for morning tea.
Then it’s onto one of the highlights of your day, the d’Arenberg Cube. Nestled amongst the vineyards, this 5 level “rubiks cube” has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. From the Alternate Realities Museum to the many art installations on display there is so much to see and experience whilst you are there. Enjoy a formal wine tasting on Level 4, before heading down to Polly’s Restaurant for your 2-course lunch.
Next visit Beresford Wines, where you can choose from one of three tastings in their brand-new Tasting Pavilion. The Premium Wine Tasting introduces you to a selection of their wines from the Estate and Limited Release range. The Vale Brewing Tasting offers up to five craft beers from the sessionable Vale range. And the third option is the 23rd Street Distillery tastings, where you can choose from five craft spirits or three craft gins.
The final cellar door is Wirra Wirra Vineyards, located amongst the gum trees in the historic ironstone cellars. Enjoy a short tour of the cellars and a structured tasting of their range of quality wines. Look out for the ‘catapult’ and the ¾ tonne Angelus Bell in the picturesque grounds surrounding the cellar door. Finish the day with some spare time in the main street of McLaren Vale. You may like to pop into the Fruchocs Shop for some sweet treats, wander up the road to Blessed Cheese, or explore the Fleurieu Arthouse housed on the historic Hardys Tintara site. Then settle back on the coach for your return trip to Adelaide.
Day 4: After a delicious full buffet breakfast, spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your journey home.
|Tour Code: ABM3||From Price (AU$)|
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room)
Terms & Conditions:
- All prices are per person, in Australian dollars and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022, for other dates, please enquire.
- Child prices are based on children (3-14) sharing with 2 adults.
- Extra person price is based on sharing with 2 adults = Triple Share.
- Bookings are subject to availability of all components.
- Blackout Dates for Majestic Roof Garden Hotel: 17/12/21 - 19/12/21 and 11/03/22 – 14/03/22.
- Other Adelaide properties may be available, subject to availability please note the package price will vary.
- ^Saturday & Tuesday departures include the Barossa tour on Day 2 and the McLaren Vale tour on day 3.
- *Monday departures include the McLaren Vale tour on day 2 and the Barossa tour on Day 3.
- Both the Barossa and McLaren Vale tour itinerary is subject to change on selected public holidays and peak periods. Please refer to the Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour or McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour for more details.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Subject to SeaLink’s standard Terms & Conditions