3 Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour
This 3-Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour operates from Adelaide and travels in a luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicles (or similar) with two nights accommodation at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station.
Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour where you'll be treated with true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Stay in an One Bedroom Holiday Unit or upgrade to our superior accommodation option of the luxurious One Bedroom Eco-Villa.
Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery around the spectacular Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Southern Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history.
Enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna, then travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Morning and/or afternoon tea and lunch each day
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy the ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch at the Prairie Hotel
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for a delicious lunch including a glass of wine and wine tastings (optional)
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
|3 days / 2 nights||
Departs selected Mondays and Fridays, subject to minimum numbers
English speaking guide only.
March: 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
For other dates, please enquire.
Day 1 - 7.30am
Day 3 - 5.30pm
Your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will pick you up from your Adelaide hotel around 7.30am to commence your 3 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Sit back and relax while you travel through the mid-north region of South Australia stopping at the old copper mining town of Burra for morning tea and then Orroroo for lunch.
Enjoy views of Mount Remarkable as you head to the towns of Wilmington and Quorn. The majestic Flinders Ranges come into view as you get closer to the small outback town of Hawker. On the way, stop at Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins and see what’s left of this once massive sheep and cattle station of about 950 square kilometres before arriving at Rawnsley Park Station, your home for the next two nights.
Rawnsley Park Station overlooks the southern side of Wilpena Pound and provides the perfect base for exploring the Flinders Ranges. Late afternoon enjoy a Sunset on the Chace tour where you’ll watch the stunning sunset reflect on the Chace Range as you sip on local wine and enjoy delicious canapes. The 40-minute drive through the property provides a great opportunity to see native wildlife then finish your day with a delicious 2-course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant, an authentic Australian converted woolshed serving delicious Modern Australian cuisine. Stay overnight at Rawnsley Park Station.
Early this morning there will be time to take a 30 minute scenic flight with Chinta Air, to gain an appreciation of the scale and beauty of Wilpena Pound and the Heysen Range (additional cost – please ask for details).
Then spend the rest of the day touring around the southern Flinders Ranges including the local sights, picturesque Bunyeroo and Brachina Gorges and peaceful walks taking through the creek beds.
Stop at the Prairie Hotel, recognised as an “unmissable outback experience” and enjoy one of their signature Antipasto Platters for lunch, before taking the Moralana Scenic drive back to Rawnsley Park.
This evening, join a tour of the old woolshed and enjoy a 3-course Lamb Tasting food experience where local lamb from the property will be showcased, and prepared in three different and delicious courses. Clare Valley wines will be matched with each course. The dinner will finish with South Australian port and local cheeses (vegetarians will be catered for). Stay overnight at Rawnsley Park Station.
This morning farewell your hosts and Rawnsley Park Station and head to Mt Remarkable, where you will enjoy some morning tea.
Continue your journey through to the charmingly secluded Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine-growing regions. With its picturesque, rolling countryside, unique geography, and climate you will see why it is a premium grape growing area.
Here you will enjoy a delicious lunch at Paulett Wines and Bush Devine Café including a glass of wine. Those who wish to participate in wine tasting can do so (included, optional) before returning to Adelaide, arriving approximately 5.30pm at your chosen accommodation.
Tour Code: FRO3
Stay at Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) in a one bedroom holiday unit (includes continental breakfast)
Tour Code: FRO3
Stay at Rawnsley Park Station (Hawker) in a one bedroom eco-villa (includes continental breakfast)
Enquire with our Sales Centre
Find out more about our 3 Day Flinders Ranges Tour
What to Bring: Camera supplies on Kangaroo Island are limited. Bring plenty of spare batteries for your camera or video recorder, sunscreen, sun hat, comfortable walking shoes and casual/comfortable clothes also a warm top and a rain jacket can be required any time of year. Do not forget personal medication.
Luggage Limits: Luggage limits are 15kg per person as touring is in small 4WDs. This will require ‘packing down’ to one smaller bag per person. When this is necessary, excess luggage can be stored at your Adelaide accommodation.
- Prices are per person, twin share and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022. For other departure dates, please enquire.
- Single room pricing available on request.
- Prices available on request for a Two Bedroom Eco Villa at Rawnley Park Station.
- This tour is not recommended for children up to 7 years and prices available on application for children aged 7-14 years.
- Itinerary is subject to change as the touring can be adapted to the client’s interests and weather conditions on the day.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking.
- Minimum passengers 2. Maximum passengers 8.
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour to operate. If minimum numbers are not met at 30 days prior to departure, an alternate date will be offered or a full refund given.
- A booking deposit of AU$200 per person for overnight or longer tours, with final payment due 30 days prior to travel. An amendment fee of AU$45 will apply to modifications made after the original booking has been confirmed.
- If you would like to request alternate dates from those listed and are travelling with a party of 4 people, we are happy to operate extra departures (subject to availability of accommodation).
Tour operated by Flinders Ranges Odysseys