3 Day Adelaide and McLaren Vale Short Break
See the city and the magnificent McLaren Vale regions
Take a three-day break in South Australia with two nights' in the heart of the city, staying at the Majestic Rooftop Garden Hotel in a Superior Room. From here, explore the Rundle Mall, all the small bars, restaurants and you'll also have access to the stunning rooftop garden at your hotel.
On day two, we'll take you to McLaren Vale on our McLaren Vale and The Cube Experience, where you'll visit the famous d'Arenberg Cube with a guided tour of the Alternative Realities Museum, a structured wine tasting and lunch. You'll then visit Beresford Wines and then finish up at Wirra Wirra Vineyards and some additional time on the main street of McLaren Vale. See our full itinerary to find out more.
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room) including full buffet breakfast each morning
- Full day McLaren Vale & The Cube Experience tour with Adelaide Sightseeing including:
- Morning tea
- d’Arenberg Cube tour, wine tasting and 2 course lunch
- Beresford Wine Tasting Pavilion for Beer, Wine or Gin tasting
- Wirra Wirra Vineyards for wine tasting
- Free time in the main street of McLaren Vale
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
|3 Days / 2 Nights||
Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
Day 1: Base yourself at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel for 2 nights in the heart of the Adelaide CBD. The hotel is ideally located only a 2-minute walk from the bars, restaurants and shopping of Rundle Street and guests have access to the rooftop garden with panoramic views of the Adelaide Hills and East End.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast, enjoy a full day food & wine journey to South Australia’s premium wine region, the McLaren Vale. Travel southwards Leaving Adelaide, head out through the southern suburbs and along the metropolitan coastline. Enjoy coastal views as you head to McLaren Vale Information Centre for morning tea.
Then it’s onto one of the highlights of your day, the d’Arenberg Cube. Nestled amongst the vineyards, this 5 level “rubiks cube” has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. From the Alternate Realities Museum to the many art installations on display there is so much to see and experience whilst you are there. Enjoy a formal wine tasting on Level 4, before heading down to Polly’s Restaurant for your 2-course lunch.
Next visit Beresford Wines, where you can choose from one of three tastings in their brand-new Tasting Pavilion. The Premium Wine Tasting introduces you to a selection of their wines from the Estate and Limited Release range. The Vale Brewing Tasting offers up to five craft beers from the sessionable Vale range. And the third option is the 23rd Street Distillery tastings, where you can choose from five craft spirits or three craft gins.
The final cellar door is Wirra Wirra Vineyards, located amongst the gum trees in the historic ironstone cellars. Enjoy a short tour of the cellars and a structured tasting of their range of quality wines. Look out for the ‘catapult’ and the ¾ tonne Angelus Bell in the picturesque grounds surrounding the cellar door. Finish the day with some spare time in the main street of McLaren Vale. You may like to pop into the Fruchocs Shop for some sweet treats, wander up the road to Blessed Cheese, or explore the Fleurieu Arthouse housed on the historic Hardys Tintara site. Then settle back on the coach for your return trip to Adelaide.
Day 3: After a delicious full buffet breakfast, spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your journey home.
|Tour Code: AM2||From Price (AU$)|
Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room)
Terms & Conditions:
- All prices are per person, in Australian dollars and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022, for other dates, please enquire.
- Child prices are based on children (3-14) sharing with 2 adults.
- Extra person price is based on sharing with 2 adults = Triple Share.
- Bookings are subject to availability of all components.
- Blackout Dates for Majestic Roof Garden Hotel: 26/11/21 – 28/11/21, 11/03/22 – 14/03/22.
- Other Adelaide properties may be available, subject to availability please note the package price will vary.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended.
- Subject to SeaLink’s standard Terms & Conditions