7 Day Flinders Ranges & Barossa Experience
See more of South Australia and explore the majestic Flinders Ranges, plus visit the world renowned wine regions of the Barossa and Clare Valley.
Spend a day tasting food and wine in the Barossa, visiting three wineries and Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop. Enjoy your time in Adelaide exploring the many restaurants, bars, markets and shops.
In the heart of South Australia’s outback, yet an easy journey from Adelaide, the Flinders Ranges is one of the world’s ultimate destinations. From the grandeur of Wilpena Pound, to the ancient fossils at Nilpena, and all the points in between, you can experience it all on this great holiday package.Check more packages
- 3 nights accommodation at the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel (Superior Room) with full buffet breakfast daily
- Full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour including lunch with Adelaide Sightseeing
- Morning tea and tastings at TeAro Estate, Williamstown
- Visit Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop
- Delicious 2 course Barossa lunch and wine tasting at Lambert Estate, Angaston
- Mengler Hill Lookout for views over the Barossa
- Wine tastings at the award-winning Pindarie Cellar Door, Gomersal
- 4 Day / 3 Night Flinders Ranges Outback 4x4 Tour with Flinders Ranges Odysseys
- Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Morning and/or afternoon tea and lunch each day
- See the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- 2 nights accommodation at Rawnsley Park Station including daily continental breakfast (Standard or Superior)
- Enjoy a ‘Sunset on the Chace’ tour (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- 2 course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park Station
- 3 hour Guided Daybreak Loop Walk to Rawnsley Bluff including a cooked bush breakfast (operated by Rawnsley Park Station)
- See picturesque gorges on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the southern Flinders Ranges including a picnic lunch
- Delight in a 3 course Lamb Tasting food experience with matching wines
- Take a scenic drive through Parachilna Gorge to the Prairie Hotel at Parachilna
- Signature Antipasto platter lunch, sunset pre-dinner drinks with canapes and a 3 course a la carte dinner at the Prairie Hotel
- Nilpena Station Ediacaran Experience
- 1 night accommodation at the Prairie Hotel including a full cooked breakfast
- Journey through the Clare Valley to Paulett Wines & Bush Devine Café for wine tastings & 3 course lunch
- Personalised small group touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide and all entrance fees and special permits
|7 days / 6 nights||
Package departs on selected Wednesdays (English speaking guide only)
Day 1: Arrive into Adelaide and spend the day discovering the sights of the city including the North Terrace Precinct, Rundle Mall shopping and the very popular Adelaide Central Markets.
Day 2: Travel northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia’s premium wine region.
The first stop is TeAro Estate, located in the main street of Williamstown in a heritage listed 1850's barn. In the intimate Tasting Room, you will be treated to morning tea sourced from the local bakery and wine tastings while hearing stories from 4 generations of family vignerons.
Next stop is a visit to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop, an absolute must whilst visiting the Barossa. Maggie Beer - cook, writer and founder of 'Maggie Beer Products', offers tastings and sales of her full product range including limited edition seasonal produce. Here we can browse amongst her personally selected regional specialty goods, purchase one of her signed books or simply sit back and take in the view.
On arrival at Lambert Estate at Angaston, you have the option of tasting a wide selection of quality wines before sitting down and enjoying a delicious 2-course Barossa restaurant lunch. You may wish to purchase a glass of wine to accompany your meal.
Day 3: Your Flinders Ranges Odysseys guide will collect you to commence your 4-day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Travel through Burra, Orrorroo and Hawker, and stop at Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins to see what’s left of this once massive sheep and cattle station of about 950 square kilometres before arriving at Rawnsley Park Station, your home for the next two nights. Watch the stunning sunset reflect on the Chase Range as you sip on local wine and enjoy delicious canapes, and finish your day with a delicious 2-course dinner in the Woolshed Restaurant.
Day 4: Take part in the Daybreak Loop Walk of Rawnsley Bluff, complete with a cooked bush breakfast, tour around the southern Flinders Ranges including Bunyeroo and Brachina Gorges and enjoy a 3-course Lamb Tasting food experience where local lamb from the property will be showcased.
Day 5: There time for an early morning scenic flight over Wilpena Pound (extra cost), before travelling through Blinman and Parachilna Gorge on your way to Australia’s #1 Outback Hotel, the Prairie Hotel. You’ll get to enjoy one of their Signature Antipasto Platters for lunch before heading to Nilpena Station for a fascinating tour of the working Cattle Station, red sand dunes and the Ediacaran Fossil Site, where you’ll witness fossils that are over 500 million years old. Then it’s sunset drinks and canapes on the veranda at the Prairie Hotel, followed by a stunning 3-course A La Carte dinner.
Day 6: After breakfast depart Parachilna and travel south with the western side of the Flinders Ranges in view. Stop at the charmingly secluded Clare Valley, one of Australia’s oldest wine growing regions, and enjoy wine tastings and lunch at the family-owned Paulett Wines Cellar Door and Bush Devine Cafe.
Continue back to Adelaide, arriving late this afternoon for your overnight accommodation.
Day 7: Spend the day further exploring Adelaide before your departure home.
|Package Options (Tour Code: FRBE6)||Price from (AU$)|
3 nights accommodation at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel, full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour and 4 Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour with accommodation in an 1 Bedroom Holiday Unit at Rawnsley Park Station
3 nights accommodation at Majestic Roof Garden Hotel in a Superior Room, full buffet breakfast daily, full day Barossa Food & Wine Experience tour and 4 Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour with accommodation in an 1 Bedroom Eco Villa at Rawnsley Park Station
Prices are in Australian Dollars, per person and valid for travel 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. Selected departure dates apply and bookings are subject to availability of all components. There are no extra person prices on these packages. Travel insurance is highly recommended. Subject to SeaLink’s standard terms and conditions. Please Note: The Flinders Ranges Outback Tour is subject to minimum numbers for the tour to operate.