Kangaroo Island Residents
Special ferry travel rates are offered on all ferry departures to bonafide Kangaroo Island Residents. These travel rates also include a 'free-of-charge' driver when booking a vehicle. Special and off-peak vehicle rates are also available. Please note that ONLY bonafide Kangaroo Island Residents are eligible to utilise the special travel rates for passengers, vehicles and the free-of-charge driver offer. Terms and conditions apply.
A KI Resident 'Kids Go Free' special is available to Kangaroo Island residents. Save up to $64!
*Terms & Conditions:
- Up to two KI Resident kids (3-14 years) travel free, when travelling with a minimum of one adult and a car.
- KI Resident driver still travels free. All other passengers travel at the relevant, standard fares.
- Travel is available for this offer from 22nd May to 22nd September 2018.
- Mention the promotional code of ‘KIDSFREE’ at checkout or when booking by phone to receive this offer.
- This offer is available with Peak or Off Peak car fares only (excludes Early Bird car fares).
- Travel must be from Penneshaw and booked on a return basis. No one way travel is available.
Up to four persons (including the KI resident driver) travel free*, when making a return vehicle booking between select dates. See the table below for dates to travel.
To claim this special: simply log-in and book during the dates below, fulfilling the terms and conditions, and you will automatically receive your special rate.
Alternatively, you can make a booking on the phone 8551 7222 or via email [email protected] and be sure to mention 'KI RESIDENT SPECIAL' to claim this special.View the special travel dates
*Terms and Conditions: Passengers must accompany a vehicle. 4 free passengers includes a KI Resident driver. Return ferry travel must be booked departing from Penneshaw. Excludes 7.30 PM from Penneshaw and 9.00 AM from Cape Jervis. Vehicle price is full standard fare (off peak fares/ early bird fares not applicable). Not valid in conjunction with any other special offers including 'KI Resident Earlybird Special'. Valid until 31st March 2019.
Make your way over to Adelaide for the AFL footy games and receive free return travel for up to four people (including the KI Resident driver) when making a return vehicle booking on selected dates and services. See the table below for dates and times of travel.
To claim this special: simply log-in and book during the dates below, fulfilling the terms and conditions, and you will automatically receive your special rate. Alternatively, you can make a booking on the phone 8551 7222 or via email [email protected]View the footy special travel dates
Terms and Conditions: Passengers must accompany a vehicle. 4 free passengers includes a KI Resident driver. Return ferry travel must be booked departing from Penneshaw. Vehicle price is full standard fare (off peak/ early bird fares fares not applicable). Not valid in conjunction with any other special offers including 'KI Resident Earlybird Special'.
This special KI Resident Package fare is designed for Residents who need to travel to and from Adelaide via the SeaLink Shuttle, SeaLink Ferry and SeaLink Connection. Same day travel can be taken, or package can be used to return at a later date.
Travel can be taken from Kingscote, American River and Penneshaw.
- $115 Adult
- $103 Student
- $62 Concession & Child (3-14)
To make a booking call us on 8551 7222 or email [email protected] and mention 'KIPK'. Prices valid from 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019.
Simply log in with your KI Resident login, and book one of the early ferries for the following eligible dates:
|2018||May||1st, 3rd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 29th, 31st|
|2018||October||2nd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 16th, 18th, 23rd, 25th, 30th|
|2018||November||1st, 6th, 8th, 13th, 15th, 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th|
|2018||December||4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, 28th|
Alternatively you can call us on 8551 7222.
Terms and Conditions: Valid until 31st March 2019 and applies to new bookings only only that include a vehicle and passengers. Special not valid for unaccompanied vehicles. This is applicable on the 5.30 AM ex Penneshaw and the 7.00 AM ex Cape Jervis ferries only. Applicable to Vehicles that are 5m only - any vehicle that is over 5m is charged at the normal fare. Discount is not applicable on trailers, caravans, campers but the vehicle towing the trailer will receive the discount if it is 5m. The 50% discount is applicable for the registered Premier Club and KI Residents ONLY - Family and Friends do NOT receive the discount. Not available with any other offer. If booking is changed to a time other than a 5.30am or 7.00am departure, the standard KI Resident or Premier Club fares will apply and additional money must be paid prior to travel. This offer is bookable online but web discount does not apply. If you do not have a web log in please contact our Sales Centre on 8551 7222.
Off-Peak KI Resident Vehicle Fares
Travel on selected ferry services and your vehicle travels for $79.00 each way (up to 5 metres).* Trailers are not applicable and the KI Resident driver still travels free.
- Departing Cape Jervis - 7.00PM Spirit of Kangaroo Island service and all Sealion 2000 services excluding 9.00AM
- Departing Penneshaw - all Sealion 2000 services excluding 7.30PM
*Fares valid from 1st April 2018 - 31st March 2019, however this fare is subject to alteration without notice.
Booking Conditions for 'Family & Friends Fares' of Kangaroo Island Residents
As from the 1 November 2010, bookings can be made directly with SeaLink by your family and friends for our special 'Family & Friends' discounted ferry fares. Phone bookings only will be accepted and when making the booking, your family and friends are requested to confirm your full name, address and telephone number as verification of your residency. For travel within 30 days of booking, full payment must be made at time of booking. These discounted ferry fares are for friends and family members' leisure travel only and are not permitted for business use. Family and friends of Kangaroo Island Residents are NOT permitted to use the Resident Log In or Password to make bookings; they must phone our Sales Centre on 13 13 01.
How do I access KI Resident rates when bookings online?
To access Kangaroo Island resident rates for bonafide Kangaroo Island residents, please click on the "Login" button in the top right-hand corner of the website and enter your details in the fields. When you go to book your fares, the KI Resident rates will automatically be made available to you. Follow the detailed instructions in the Kangaroo Island Resident Online Booking Guide to book online. You're also able to manage your bookings online too. Read more about the feature and how to use it here.
If you are a bonafide Kangaroo Island resident and don't have an Internet Log In Account for the SeaLink website, you can apply for one by calling 8551 7222. Your Login and Password are confidential and must not be released to non-Kangaroo Island Residents or third parties. Any abuse of this confidentiality may result in loss of special Kangaroo Island Resident rates for future travel.
SeaLink has a Kangaroo Island Residents Only mailing list, where we only send you information about
- KI Resident special offers
- Important and updated information about ferry services
- Other important information that may be relevant only to Kangaroo Island Residents.
You will only be sent promotional information for our other services should you request it.
Subscribe by filling out and submitting the below form. If you would like information on our other services, please tick the relevant boxes.
- We will not share your details with any third parties.
- This is a private mailing list for Kangaroo Island Residents only and you may unsubscribe at anytime.
If you would like to provide us with your feedback at anytime about the content on this website or your user experience, please email us at [email protected]
Safety Procedure Update: Please note, due to amended safety considerations, we must now ask you to abide by new operating procedures with regard to staying in your vehicle during ferry crossings.
Your safety is of the utmost importance when travelling with us. Please take notice of the following ferry travel conditions:
- You must not stay in your vehicle during a ferry crossing. If you have a physical disability or serious illness that limits your ability to climb the stairs from the vehicle deck to the passenger deck and you need to remain in your vehicle during the ferry crossing, please inform us at the time of booking or at check-in. We will then make arrangements to assist you as best we can but please note your request cannot be guaranteed and is at the discretion of the Ship's Master on the day of travel.
- Assistance is available with loading your vehicle should you require it.
- No BYO alcohol is allowed to be consumed on board whilst sailing (either on deck or within your car).
- Drivers only are allowed on the car deck to load and collect car. All passengers must embark and disembark via the portside doorway.
- If you need to get access to your vehicle during sailing, please contact a crew member for permission.
It is vital that you adhere to crew instructions and travel in the allocated passenger areas/lounges of the ferries.
If sea-sickness is a concern, it is best to travel at the rear of the ferry (toilets are located here) and get lots of fresh air.
The Spirit of Kangaroo Island ferry has a lower passenger lounge (toilet equipped) on the port side of the vessel. Many people find this lounge more comfortable in rough conditions as it sits below the water line.
* Please use the ferry search tool to confirm crossing times for your chosen dates of travel. Daily sailing times vary. If you're travelling between 20th June and 4th September 2018, please check the winter timetable.
|TO KANGAROO ISLAND*|
|7.00 AM (1)|
|10.00 AM (1)|
|FROM KANGAROO ISLAND*|
|2.30 PM (1)|
|5.30 PM (1)|
PLEASE CHECK-IN A MINIMUM 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
Trip time is approximately 45 minutes
Please note: If you are travelling on a 'Spirit of Kangaroo Island' service you may be traveling with freight, which could include livestock or fuel. For more information, please contact our customer contact centre on 13 13 01.
For KI Resident bookings, please login at the top of the page and book online, call 8551 7222 or visit SeaLink's Penneshaw or Kingscote Travel Centres.
All payments made by credit card will incur the following surcharges:
- Visa - 1%
- Mastercard - 1%
- American Express - 1%
- Diners - 3%
SURCHARGE FREE payment options include Masterpass, PayPal, POLi Pay, Direct Deposit, EFTPOS (Savings or Cheque) and Cash.