Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour
Birds and bees, wines and cider
Discover Kangaroo Island's nature, wildlife and local wine & cider on this new one day tour. Aside from the amazing wildlife, Kangaroo Island is also well known for its thriving food and wine industry. Your local guide will introduce you to some of the island’s leading producers, where you'll have the chance to find out about their products, history and sample their range.
On this tour you'll visit the incredible Raptor Domain for the exciting and educational “In-Flight” Birds of Prey display. The only “In-Flight” Birds of Prey display in South Australia, it is thought by many to be the most interactive Birds of Prey display in Australia.
Next, travel to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery (South Australia’s only commercial Eucalyptus Oil Distillery) for a delicious 2-course lunch followed by an introductory talk about the history of the oil distillery and take a guided tour. Kangaroo Island Ciders’ range of Colony Cove products including Apple Sparkler, Draught Cider and Original Cider are available for tasting (additional cost). Finish off with some free time in their souvenir shop where you will find an assortment of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Emu Oil products.
Your next stop is Clifford’s Honey Farm, where you’ll enjoy an informative guided tour of the honey room where you will learn about the extraction process, taste a honey soft drink and have the option to sample the Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale. In the farm gate shop, you can see a working beehive where you can try to spot the Queen bee. There are different varieties of pure Kangaroo Island Ligurian honey and beauty products to purchase as well as their famous honey ice-cream.
Continue to Pennington Bay, a spectacular beach on the south coast of Kangaroo Island for a photo opportunity. This delightful tour ends with a visit to the new False Cape Wines Cellar Door on the beautiful Dudley Peninsula, where you can soak up the views and enjoy a structured tasting of their premium wines. Your tours ends at the Penneshaw Hotel where you have ample time for dinner (own expense) before returning to the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal for your return ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide CBD hotels
- Return travel to Kangaroo Island by coach/ferry
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide
- Kangaroo Island Sip & See Day Tour includes:
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- 2-course lunch and Guided Tour at Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery (optional Cider Tasting additional cost)
- Guided Tour and Shop Visit at Clifford’s Honey Farm Shop (optional sample of Drunken Drone Brewery’s Honey Wheat Ale)
- Visit stunning Pennington Bay
- Structured Wine Tasting at False Cape Wines
- Free time in Penneshaw for dinner (own expense)
1 Full Day Tour (ex Adelaide is a 16 hour tour)
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day)
Plus additional dates below:
Adelaide Central Bus Station or selected Adelaide CBD Hotels
Wed 27 Oct 2021
From Adelaide with return Ferry
Tour Code: SSKICC
Departs 6.45 AM and returns 10.40 PM - Morning pick-up and evening set-down at selected Adelaide hotels.
From Cape Jervis with return Ferry
Tour Code: SSKICC
Departs Cape Jervis at 9.00 AM and returns 8.15 PM
From Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel, Penneshaw (On Island)
Tour Code: SSKI
Departs 10.15 AM, returning 6.15 PM
From Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge, American River (On Island)^
Tour Code: SSKI
Departs 10.25 AM, returning 7.30 PM
From Aurora Ozone Hotel, Kingscote (On Island)^
Tour Code: SSKI
Departs 10.15 AM, returning 8.00 PM
- Prices are per person and valid for travel 1st April 2021 to 31st of March 2022, for other dates please enquire.
- Itinerary subject to change and some of the inclusions may be replaced temporarily without notice, especially on classified catastrophic fire danger days on Kangaroo Island.
- Please advise any special dietary or allergy information at time of booking, prior to travelling. Requests once the tour has commenced cannot be catered for.
- On Island Tours DO NOT include mainland coach transfers or ferry to/from Kangaroo Island. You must be on Kangaroo Island to participate in the Day Tours at the ‘on island’ price. If you require transfers and ferry please select an alternative option above.
^On Island Departures from Kingscote or American River include:
- KI Transfers will transfer you from your hotel to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery to meet the SeaLink Tour coach which departs from Penneshaw.
- On conclusion of the tour in Penneshaw, you will meet the SeaLink Shuttle at the Penneshaw Ferry Terminal that departs at 7pm for your transfer back to American River or Kingscote.