Dolphins, Beaches & Wildlife Wonder
Swim with Dolphins in Adelaide and tour nature's paradise Kangaroo Island!
Relax and enjoy Adelaide’s favourite beachside suburb of Glenelg, swim with the bottle-nosed dolphins on a fantastic cruise and take a comprehensive day tour to Kangaroo Island, South Australia’s nature playground.
Arrive at your beachside Hotel the Stamford Grand, right on the Glenelg beach foreshore. Set on Adelaide’s most popular beach Glenelg is a bustling town with shops, cafes, restaurants and bars. It’s also the starting point of the Adelaide tram which takes you directly to the city of Adelaide.
The Dolphin Swim cruise is possibly the only cruise of its type, where we don’t go to the dolphins, they come to us – something that has taken many cruises to achieve. Dolphins are one of the Earth’s most fascinating and curious creatures and Temptation Sailing offers you this amazing opportunity to get up close to them in their natural environment, something that you will remember forever. Temptation is the first vessel in South Australia to be given a licence to swim with and study these magnificent mammals. While dolphins are naturally curious creatures, the interaction is different on each cruise. Temptation Sailing cannot guarantee duration and quality of the dolphin interaction.
This full-day tour starts with your ferry transfer to Kangaroo Island. Once at Kangaroo island, enjoy a memorable, guided walk past endangered Australian Sea-lions basking and playing in the water and on the beach at spectacular Seal Bay. After this unforgettable experience, enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch and a glass of local wine on a heritage listed, exclusive natural bushland property before exploring the environment including the prolific bird life on a pleasant bushwalk. It’s then on through the island’s interior to the stunning north coast beaches, spotting kangaroos, Tammar wallabies, koalas and echidnas along the way. One of the benefits of personalised, small group 4WD touring is the flexibility to alter the itinerary to suit your needs. This itinerary is an example of a tour but can be altered if desired.
Return to Adelaide later in the evening.
Explore Adelaide at your leisure
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Stamford Grand Hotel, Superior City View Room (room only)
- Dolphin Swim 3.5 hour Cruise with Temptation Sailing on 58ft sailing catamaran (Mask, snorkel and wetsuit provided if swimming)
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Discovery, personalised 4WD tour
- All entrance fees and special permits
- Gourmet picnic lunch and local wines and afternoon tea
- See beach side town Glenelg and its shops, cafes, restaurants and bars
- Swim with the bottle-nosed dolphins
- Comprehensive day tour to Kangaroo Island
- Guided walk past endangered Australian Sea-lions
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch and a glass of local wine
- Exploring the environment including the prolific bird life on a pleasant bushwalk
- Spot kangaroos, Tammar wallabies, koalas and echidnas wjile travelling
- Alter the itinerary to suit your needs
- Explore Adelaide at your leisure
4 days and 3 nights
Daily (Dolphin Cruise does not operate from 17th June – 13th September, Christmas Day, New Years’ Day or Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from April to October)
4 Days / 3 Nights
Prices valid from 1st of April 2014 to 31st of March 2015, for other dates please enquire. All prices are per person. Prices based on low season rates (02 Apr - 03 Sept). Extra Adult or Child prices are based on the third person occupying the same room and in some cases will vary for additional passengers. Children must be 8 years and older to participate in the dolphin swim. Dolphin Cruise does not operate from 17th June – 13th September, Christmas Day, New Years’ Day or Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from April to October.
Package Code: DBWW43